It’s possible that we have heard the words ‘pandemic’, ‘unprecented’, ‘lockdown’ and ‘covid-19’ enough times to last us a lifetime – and it certainly feels like we’ve experienced a lifetime of challenges in the last few months.
While things remain uncertain and precarious, we’re certainly chomping at the bit for the days when we can welcome visitors to our estate again. When our cottages will be filled with the sounds of laughter, when the joyful sounds of a wedding party will fill the evening air, and when people can simply just enjoy a great country escape with us again.
That is why we are fully supportive of the #postponedontcancel campaign that is growing momentum in the hospitality industry. Therefore, we ask you to please not cancel any bookings you may have with us during these uncertain times, but to rather postpone them to a future date.
To try and help you with this, we have made our cancelation terms more flexible, which will also help us to help those whose jobs depend on the survival of the tourism and hospitality arm of our business:-
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured until such time as you are comfortable to travel again.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 15 (fifteen) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate may apply to the cost of certain items if included in package rates. We will do our utmost to retain accommodation rates at the same level as the date of the original booking.
3. In the event that you do not travel within 15 (fifteen) months of the original arrival date, the deposit/payment will be fully refunded less the original administration fee and any banking charges incurred by the refund.
4. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving.
2. If South Africa prolongs an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
1. In order for us to ride out this storm as a privately owned business, we are unable to offer any refunds at this time.
2. We trust that our partners and guests understand our situation. We are doing all we can to work with our guests and partners to find mutually agreeable solutions.
3. This step is necessary to ensure that our business can continue to operate through these difficult times so that we will be here for you when the dust settles.
4. We reserve the right to make changes to these new terms and conditions at any time.
5. As soon as the pandemic has been contained, and lockdown restrictions have been removed, we will revert back to our original terms and conditions for bookings.